Sunday, February 12, 2012

Spies

I have been studying spies and spying for quite some time now. I have read books and done research. Now I am hoping to share this information with you.

As I start my agency, you will learn about famous spies, spy gear, and how to spy. As you may have guessed, good spies -the best spies- never get caught. Then why bother learning about them? To learn from their mistakes. You will become a better spy.

And if these spies were so bad, why are they famous? Not all of them were bad spies. In fact, most of them were really good. They may be famous for the unique way that they spied or the amount of time they were able to spy before getting caught.

An example of a good famous spy is Nathan Hale. Nathan Hale is known as America's first spy. He was discovered by the British as a spy in the Revolutionary War. He is not famous for being the first spy but for his legendary last words: “I regret that I have but only one life to lose for my country”.

But is that all? He lived, spied on the British and died? What was he doing? What was he trying to learn about the British? At the battle of long Island, he volunteered to monitor the British from behind enemy line. He got as far as New York before he was tricked into revealing himself and was captured. He was taken to 66th St. where he was hanged.

No comments:

Post a Comment